What do I eat for lunch
I often get the question from friends about what I eat , so here's the answer.
But before I respond, I'd like to say a few things :
- You are what you eat. Your body needs a range of different nutrients to function properly. Not getting a balanced diet can affect our energy level and mood. It can even cause substantial harm to our body. So if you're eating fried chicken all the time, guess what? You will be like a fried chicken :)
- 80/20 rule. This can also apply to your diet. Ensure you eat healthy meals 80% of the time and eat “ cheat meals" from time to time. Don't be too hard on yourself. Life is about progress and enjoyment.
- Appreciate each meal. Have we forgotten about the pleasure of taste? By definition, "lunch break" is a moment where we take a break and eat. We should stay away from our computer and phone and focus on the meal in front of us. When you take a real break, you will be able to get yourself recharged and be more productive.
So here's what I usually eat for lunch :
- Cabbage, cucumber, lettuce
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts etc.) or Salmon
- Olive oil
I try to eat a low-carb lunch as it prevents me from sleeping and helps me boost my energy level in the afternoon. You don't need to follow exactly what I eat, the key is to form your own eating habits that will make you feel better and healthier.
What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.
Want more? Sign up here to join the Global Minds community and receive a Free gift to boost your energy and improve your focus!